LCS 56/HQ 641/02 III
LCS 6/HQ 653/10
康樂及文化事務署職位空缺通告第 LCSD 2010/11 號
6. 申請人如獲錄用，將按個別情況以按月僱用條款、試任條款或試用條款受聘。入職薪酬、聘用條款及服務條件應以獲聘時的規定為準。如有需要，獲取錄的人員（在職的乙類人員除外）須接受部門間 的調職安排，以填補其他政策局／部門內同一職系的職位空缺和擔任同一職系下不同種類的職務。
9. 如有查詢，請致電2601 8538或2601 8540與康樂及文化事務署聘用組聯絡。
LCS 56/HQ 641/02 III
LCS 6/HQ 653/10
1 December 2010
LEISURE AND CULTURAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. LCSD 2010/11
2. The pay scale of Workman II is from Model Scale 1 Pay Scale Point 0 ($9,035) to Model Scale 1 Pay Scale Point 8 Note１ ($10,655) per month. The pay and incremental date for a successful candidate will be determined in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Regulations 130 and 133 and as set out in the letter of appointment.
3. The post is open to both male and female officers. Candidates should-
(a) have attained a level of proficiency in Chinese Language equivalent to Primary 6 standard; and
(b) be able to speak, read and write simple English.
Note１ The information on the maximum pay point is for reference only and it may be subject to changes.
[Note: Candidates without supporting documents of the Chinese Language proficiency as stated in item (a) above may also apply. There will be assessments of language proficiency during the interview.]
Permanent Residency Requirement
4. Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region unless they were first appointed on civil service terms of appointment before 1 July 1997 and continued in service without a break.
5. A Workman II is mainly deployed on all types of indoor and/or outdoor manual work in various divisions and sections of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department, covering -
(a) messengerial and simple office duties, such as mailing letters, dispatching documents, providing printing / photo-copying services, opening / locking office entrances, and moving office furniture and equipment, etc.;
(c) recreation and amenities duties, such as assisting in simple gardening work, looking after animals/birds, performing cleansing duties and moving furniture and equipment in sports grounds, parks and playgrounds, etc.; and/or
(c) culture and entertainment duties, such as delivery and collection of stores and equipment, arrangement of seating, distribution and posting up of publicity materials, etc..
[Note: Successful candidates should note the following-
(i) they will be required to work 45 hours net per week (excluding meal breaks);
(ii) they may be required to work irregular hours and shifts (including Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays). Actual working hours will be arranged by supervisors;
(iii) they may be required to wear uniform;
(iv) they may be required to undergo relevant training and/or related assessment;
(v) they may be required to perform outdoor duties; and
(vi) they are subject to posting and transfer and required to work in remote areas (including outlying islands).]
Terms of Appointment
6. A successful candidate will be appointed either on month-to-month terms, trial or probationary terms as appropriate. The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made. Successful candidates, except for those who are of Category B status, are subject to posting to fill vacancies and carry out different duties in the same grade in other government bureaux/departments when the need arises.
Basic Law Knowledge Assessment
7. For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, assessment of BL knowledge will be included in the recruitment for all civil service jobs. Candidates who are invited to attend the recruitment interview will be tested orally on their BL knowledge during the recruitment interview. The results of BL assessment will be taken into account only if two candidates are considered equal in all other aspects.
8. Applications on G.F.340 (Rev. 3/2008) should reach the Appointments Support Services Unit, Personnel Resources Section, 8/F, Leisure and Cultural Services Headquarters, 1 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin, N.T., Hong Kong not later than 14 December 2010, with the envelopes clearly marked “Application for the post of Workman II”. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about eight to ten weeks from the closing date for applications. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.Note 2
Applicants should state clearly in their applications details of any skills and experience they have.
Applicants working in the Leisure and Cultural Services Department should state clearly in the applications their present rank numbers and postings.
Applications which are incomplete, late, or not duly signed by the applicants will not be considered.
Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the selection interview.
9. For enquiries, please telephone the Appointments Support Services Unit of the Leisure and Cultural Services Department on 2601 8538 or 2601 8540.
for Director of Leisure and Cultural Services
It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs whenever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview without being subject to further shortlisting.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.