Common Recruitment Examination and
Basic Law Test (Degree / Professional Grades)
The coming CRE and BLT will be held on 11 and 18 June 2011 in Hong Kong.
2. The application period for the coming CRE and BLT will be from 1 to 14 April 2011. Applicants may choose to take any of the CRE papers and / or the BLT paper in this examination. The application details and on-line application facilities will be available on CSB homepage (under the “Recruitment” section) at www.csb.gov.hk during the application period.
Year-end CRE and BLT
3. You may also wish to note that another round of the CRE and BLT will be held in late 2011. For the convenience of those studying or residing outside Hong Kong, this round of examination will also be held in some other cities. The examination is tentatively scheduled for 8 and 15 October 2011 in Hong Kong, and 10 December 2011 in non-local cities.
Requirement in Aptitude Test paper
4. In addition to the requisite results in the Use of English (UE) and Use of Chinese (UC) papers, applicants for some degree or professional grades are also required to obtain a Pass in the Aptitude Test (AT) paper. A list of civil service grades which require Level 2 or Level 1 in the two language papers and those which also require a Pass in the AT paper for appointment is available on the CSB homepage.
CRE Requirements for grades in DH
5. The current CRE requirements for those grades under the appointment authority of DH are set out in the table below -
Grade Use of English paper Use of Chinese paper Aptitude Test
Clinical Psychologist Level 1 Level 1 -
Dental Officer Level 1 Level 1 -
Dietitian Level 1 Level 1 -
Hospital Administrator Level 2 Level 2 Pass
Medical and Health Officer Level 1 Level 1 -
Pharmacist Level 1 Level 1 -
Physicist Level 1 Level 1 Pass
Scientific Officer (Medical) Level 1 Level 1 -
Speech Therapist Level 1 Level 1 -
6. General enquiries regarding the CRE and BLT may be directed to CSB by phone at 2537 6429 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
7. For Unit / Clinic i/c, please print and post this message on the notice board for the alert of those colleagues who do not have a ready access to office email facilities in their workplaces.