Ref : LD RCR/89
4 March 2011
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. LANDSD 2011/01
Survey Officer (Photogrammetry)
Heads of Department
Permanent Secretaries/Heads of Department are requested to ensure that copies of this circular are circulated to all eligible officers and displayed on staff notice boards in all offices of their bureaux/departments until after the closing date for applications.)
Applications are invited from serving civil servants for appointment as Survey Officer (Photogrammetry) (SO(Ph)) in the Lands Department.
2. The pay scale of Survey Officer (Photogrammetry) is from Master Pay Scale Point 9 (HK$14,975) to Master Pay Scale Point 22 Note 1 (HK$29,400) per month. The pay and incremental date for a successful candidate will be determined in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Regulations 130 and 133 and as set out in the letter of appointment.
3. Candidates should have -
a Higher Diploma in geomatics or a Diploma/Higher Certificate in land surveying or digital mapping from a Hong Kong Polytechnic University/Polytechnic or the Hong Kong Institute of Vocational Education or technical college/technical institute, or equivalent; and
Note 1 The information on the maximum pay point is for reference only and it may be subject to changes.
- 2 -
met the language proficiency requirements of “Level 2” Note 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination, or equivalent.
Candidates will be required to pass an aptitude test and an assessment on their stereoscopic vision for performing the duties relating to restituting stereo model, carrying out graphical plotting and/or digital data acquisition.
Preference will be given to candidates who possess knowledge of technical drawing and/or common computer software applications.)
Permanent Residency Requirement
4. Selected appointees must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region unless they were first appointed on civil service terms of appointment before 1 July 1997 and have continued in service without a break.
5. An SO(Ph) is mainly deployed on -
carrying out preparation, observation and calculation work associated with aerial triangulation;
restituting stereo model and from it carrying out graphical plotting and/or digital data acquisition;
editing and processing data on computer;
assisting in checking of photogrammetric work; and
assisting in the maintenance service of photogrammetric equipment.
(Remarks : May be required to work irregular hours.)
Terms of appointment
6. Successful candidates will be appointed either on trial or on probationary terms, as appropriate.
The entry pay, the terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.)
Basic Law Knowledge Assessment
Note 2 For civil service appointment purpose, "Grade C" and "Grade E" in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in previous Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) are accepted administratively as comparable to "Level 3" and "Level 2" respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
- 3 -
7. For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, assessment of BL knowledge will be included in the recruitment for all civil service jobs. Candidates who are invited to attend the recruitment interview will be assessed on their BL knowledge through a written test to be conducted immediately before or after the recruitment interview. The BL test result will be one of the considerations to assess the suitability of a candidate.
8. Applications Note 3 on G.F. 340 (Rev. 1/2011) should be forwarded to the Appointments Section, Lands Department, 21/F, North Point Government Offices, 333 Java Road, North Point, Hong Kong not later than 17 March 2011. The envelope containing the application should be clearly marked “Application for the post of Survey Officer (Photogrammetry)”.
9. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation letter within ten to twelve weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful Note 4. For enquiries, please telephone the Appointments Section at 2231 3196 or 2231 3202.
( Mrs Pearl SIU )
for Director of Lands
Note 3 As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
Note 4 Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment interview.
It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview without being subject to further shortlisting.
註2 政府在聘任公務員時，2007年前的香港中學會考中國語文科和英國語文科(課程乙)「C級」及「E級」的成績，在行政上會分別被視為等同中國語文科及英國語文科「第3等級」和「第2等級」的成績。 C2XP-CIR-Vac Cir SO(Ph)-Chi.doc 1
註3 作為提供平等就業機會的僱主，政府致力消除在就業方面的歧視。所有符合基本入職條件的人士，不論其殘疾、性別、婚姻狀況、懷孕、年齡、家庭崗位、性傾向和種族，均可申請本職位。 C2XP-CIR-Vac Cir SO(Ph)-Chi.doc 2
申請人如獲選參加面試，通常會在截止申請日期後約十至十二個星期內接獲通知。申請人如未獲邀參加面試，則可視作已經落選註4。如有查詢，請致電2231 3196或2231 3202與地政總署聘用組聯絡。