檔號﹕LCS 56/HQ 641/02 III
LCS 28/HQ 261/02 Pt.6
2. 高級技工(泳灘/泳池)的薪級表為總薪級表第8點(每月14,065元)至總薪級表第10點註一(每月15,875 元)。獲取錄轉任這職位的人員，薪酬及增薪日期將依照《公務員事務規例》第130及133條的規定訂定，並會載列於聘書上。
[註： (i） 申請人須通過技能測驗。
9. 申請人如獲邀參加技能測試及面試，通常會在截止申請日期後約十二至十六個星期內接獲通知。如申請人未獲邀參加技能測試及面試，則可視作經已落選。如有查詢，請致電2601 8010。
[注： （i） 符合入職條件的申請人或須經篩選才會獲邀參加技能測試及面試，因此申請人須在申請書上詳細列明本身的拯溺和急救資歷及工作經驗註二；及
Ref: LCS 56/HQ 641/02 III
LCS 28/HQ 261/02 Pt. 6
18 March 2011
LEISURE AND CULTURAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. LCSD 2011/02
Senior Artisan (Beach/Swimming Pool)
Heads of Department
Permanent Secretaries/Heads of Department are requested to ensure that copies of this circular are circulated to all eligible officers and displayed on staff notice boards in all offices of their bureaux/departments until after the closing date for applications.)
Applications are invited from serving civil servants for appointment as Senior Artisan (Beach/Swimming Pool) in the Leisure and Cultural Services Department.
2. The pay scale of Senior Artisan (Beach/Swimming Pool) is from Master Pay Scale Point 8 ($14,065) to Master Pay Scale Point 10 Note 1 ($15,875) per month. The pay and incremental date for a successful candidate will be determined in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Regulations 130 and 133 and as set out in the letter of appointment.
3. Candidates should have-
(a) possessed a valid Beach Lifeguard Management Award and Pool Lifeguard Management Award or above issued by the Hong Kong
The information on the maximum pay point is for reference only and it may be subject to changes.
Life Saving Society within the last 3 years and a valid First Aid Certificate of the St. John Ambulance Association, Hong Kong Red Cross or Auxiliary Medical Service;
(b) completed Primary 6 education, or equivalent;
(c) 5 years’ working experience in life-saving in a public swimming pool, bathing beach or Water Sports Centre;
(d) demonstrated the potential or ability to supervise staff; and
(e) attained a level of proficiency in Chinese and English Languages equivalent to Primary 6 standard.
[Notes: (i) Candidates will be required to pass a trade test.
(ii) Holders of Teacher’s or Advanced Teacher’s Certificate issued by the Hong Kong Life Saving Society or formerly by the Royal Life Saving Society (Hong Kong Branch) will be given preference.
(iii) Candidates without supporting documents of the Chinese and English Languages proficiency of (e) above may also apply. There will be assessments of Chinese and English Languages proficiency during the interview.
(iv) Those who do not possess a valid Beach Lifeguard Management Award and Pool Lifeguard Management Award or above but possess valid Beach Lifeguard Award, Pool Lifeguard Award, First Aid Certificate and meet all other entry requirements of paragraph 3(b) to (e) above may also apply. They, if selected, are required to attend training organized by the Leisure and Cultural Services Department that prepares them for acquiring the Beach Lifeguard Management Award and Pool Lifeguard Management Award. They are required to obtain the life-saving qualifications specified in paragraph 3(a) above within a period of three months after completion of the training course. Otherwise, their applications will be deemed failed. Appointment will be offered to the selected candidates when they have obtained the life-saving qualifications specified in paragraph 3(a) above.
Permanent Residency Requirement
4. Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless they were first appointed on civil service terms of appointment before 1 July 1997 and continued in service
without a break.
5. A Senior Artisan (Beach/Swimming Pool) is mainly deployed on -
(a) deputizing the Amenities Assistant in charge;
(b) supervising Artisans (Beach/Swimming Pool), contract lifeguards and other junior staff in carrying out daily operations and district winter work programmes;
(c) directing and performing life-saving operations and first-aid services, inspecting life-saving and first-aid equipment and ensuring that they are adequate and serviceable at all times;
(d) training of Artisans (Beach/Swimming Pool) and contract lifeguards, and assisting in implementing the departmental drill programmes; and
(e) enforcing the relevant by-laws/regulations.
[Notes: Successful candidates should note the following -
(i) they will be required to work 45 hours net per week (excluding meal breaks);
(ii) they will be subject to posting and transfer, and required to work in remote areas (including outlying islands) at the discretion of the Head of Grade / Department;
(iii) they will be required to undergo in-service training and periodic reassessment of life-saving and first aid skills;
(iv) they will be required to wear uniform; and
(v) they may be required to perform shift duties and work irregular hours.]
Terms of Appointment
6. Successful candidates will be offered appointment either on trial or probationary terms as appropriate.
[Note: The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.]
Basic Law Knowledge Assessment
7. For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, assessment of BL knowledge will be included in the recruitment for all civil service jobs. Candidates who are invited to attend the recruitment interview will be tested orally on their BL knowledge during the recruitment interview. The results of BL assessment will be taken into account only if two candidates are considered equal in all other aspects.
8. Applications on G.F.340 (Rev. 1/2011) should be forwarded to the Appointments and Establishment Unit, Leisure Services Branch Support Section, 8/F, Leisure and Cultural Services Headquarters, 1 Pai Tau Street, Sha Tin, N. T., Hong Kong not later than 1 April 2011. Please specify on the envelope “Application for the post of Senior Artisan (Beach/Swimming Pool)”. The post mark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of application. Applications which are incomplete, late, or submitted by fax or email, or not duly signed, or not made in the prescribed form will not be considered.
9. Candidates who are selected for trade test and interview will normally receive an invitation in about twelve to sixteen weeks from the closing date for applications. Those who are not invited for trade test and interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. For enquiries, please telephone 2601 8010.
[Notes: (i) Candidates should state clearly in their applications details of the qualifications in life-saving and first-aid and working experience as shortlisting criteria may be applied for selecting better qualified candidates to attend the trade test and interview Note 2; and
Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the trade test and interview.
It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs whenever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the trade test and interview without being subject to further shortlisting.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(ii) Candidates working in the Leisure and Cultural Services Department should state clearly in their applications their present rank and postings.]
(K K SHEH)
for Director of Leisure and Cultural Services