檔號：EMSD P/5-25/14/14 (1/2011)
註3 能力傾向測試的考生成績分為及格或不及格，而中文運用及英文運用試卷的成績則分為二級、一級或不及格，並以二級為最高等級。香港高級程度會考英語運用科C級或以上和D級成績（或同等成績）分別獲接納為等同綜合招聘考試英文運用試卷的二級和一級成績。香港高級程度會考中國語文及文化科、中國語言文學科或中國語文科C級或以上和D級的成績則分別獲接納為等同綜合招聘考試中文運用試卷的二級和一級成績。在International English Language Testing System (IELTS)學術模式整體分級取得6.5 或以上，並在同一次考試中各項個別分級取得不低於6的成績的申請人，在IELTS考試成績的兩年有效期內，會視為已符合本職位的英文語文能力要求。IELTS考試成績必須在職位開始接受申請的首天（即2011年3月11日）仍然有效。
9. 申請人須以通用表格第340號（1/2011修訂版）提出申請。已填妥的申請表格，連同學歷及工作經驗證明文件副本，須於2011年3月24日或之前郵寄或送交香港九龍啓成街3號機電工程署7樓招聘及升任組，信封面須清楚註明「申請屋宇裝備工程師職位」。申請人亦可透過公務員事務局網站（http://www.csb.gov.hk）作網上申請。申請人如遲交申請書、未能在通用表格第340號提供申請本職位所需的資料、或所填寫的資料未能清楚顯示申請人符合本職位所規定最起碼的入職條件，申請書將不獲受理。申請人如獲選參加面試，通常會在截止申請日期後約八至十個星期內收到通知。如申請人未獲邀參加面試／筆試，則可視作已落選論註4。如有查詢，請致電2808 3823與林女士聯絡。
Ref. : EMSD P/5-25/14/14 (1/2011)
11 March 2011
ELECTRICAL AND MECHANICAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. EMSD 2011/04
Building Services Engineer
Heads of Department
(Note : Permanent Secretaries/Heads of Department are requested to ensure that copies of this circular are circulated to all eligible officers and displayed on staff notice boards in all offices of their bureaux/departments until after the closing date for applications.)
Applications are invited from serving civil servants for appointment as Building Services Engineer in the Electrical and Mechanical Services Department.
2. The pay scale of Building Services Engineer is from Master Pay Scale Point 32 ($46,490) to Master Pay Scale Point 44Note 1 ($74,675) per month. The pay and incremental date for a successful candidate will be determined in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Regulations 130 and 133 and as set out in the letter of appointment.
Note 1 The information on the maximum pay point is for reference only and may be subject to change.
3. Candidates should :
(a) be Corporate Members of the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (Building Services, Electrical or Mechanical Discipline) elected after 5 December 1975, or equivalent; and
(b) have met the language proficiency requirements of Level 1 results in the two language papers (Use of Chinese and Use of English) in the Common Recruitment Examination (CRE), or equivalent, and a pass result in the Aptitude Test (AT) in the CRE Notes 2-3.
Permanent Residency Requirement
4. Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless they were first appointed on civil service terms of appointment before 1 July 1997 and continued in service without a break.
Note 2 Candidates who have sat for the CRE for more than one time should submit the best CRE results they have obtained.
Note 3 Candidates’ results in the Aptitude Test (AT) paper in CRE are classified as Pass or Fail, while the results of the Use of Chinese (UC) and Use of English (UE) papers are classified as Level 2, Level 1 or Fail, with Level 2 being the highest. Grade C or above and Grade D in Use of English of the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE) or equivalent, are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 and Level 1 results respectively in the UE paper of the CRE. Grade C or above and Grade D in Chinese Language and Culture or Chinese Language and Literature of the HKALE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 and Level 1 results respectively in the UC paper of the CRE. Candidates with an overall band of 6.5 or above with no subtest score below band 6 obtained in the same sitting in the Academic Module of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) within the two-year validity period of the test are considered as having met the English language proficiency requirement of this post. The IELTS test result must be valid on the starting day of the application period (i.e. 11 March 2011).
5. A Building Services Engineer is mainly deployed at professional level on : -
(a) law enforcement, regulatory services and advisory services;
(b) operation and maintenance of various types of building services engineering systems and equipment; and
(c) design, procurement, project management and other technical consultancy services.
6. Successful candidates may be posted to other departments and may be required: (a) to work irregular hours/in remote areas/in harsh conditions; (b) to perform shift duty/stand-by duty/on call duty/emergency duty; (c) to wear uniform/protective clothing; (d) to carry pager/mobile phone; (e) to work with computer; and (f) to perform any other duties as specified from time to time. Successful candidates may also be required to perform self-drive duty (training will be provided where necessary) on a voluntary basis.
Terms of Appointment
7. Successful candidates will be offered appointment either on trial or on probationary terms as appropriate.
[Note : The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.]
Basic Law Knowledge Assessment
8. For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, assessment of BL knowledge will be included in the recruitment for all civil service jobs. Results of the BL test for degree/professional grades will be one of the considerations to assess the suitability of a candidate but will not affect his/her eligibility for applying for civil service jobs. As a general principle, the main consideration for suitability for appointment remains a candidate's qualification, experience and caliber.
- 4 -
9. Applications on G.F. 340 (Rev. 1/2011), together with copies of qualification and experience supporting documents should be forwarded to the Recruitment and Promotion Section, Electrical and Mechanical Services Department, 7/F, 3 Kai Shing Street, Kowloon, Hong Kong not later than 24 March 2011, with the envelope clearly marked “For Application of Building Services Engineer”. Online applications can also be made through Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Your application will not be considered if late or if you fail to provide in G.F. 340 the information as required for consideration of your application or if it is not clear from your statements that you have met the minimum entry requirements for this post. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation in about eight to ten weeks from the closing date for applications. Those who are not invited for interview / written examination may assume that their applications are unsuccessfulNote 41. For enquiries, please contact Ms LAM at 2808 3823.
for Director of Electrical and Mechanical Services
1Note 4 Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to further shortlisting.