檔號：CT 20/182/10 Pt. VII
(注意: 請各常任秘書長／各部門首長留意，本通告須分發給所有合資格申請這職位的人員傳閱，並應在轄下所有辦事處的職員布告板上張貼， 直至截止申請日期過後為止。)
2. 運輸督察的薪級表為總薪級表第9點（每月14,975元）至總薪級表第19點註1（每月25,460元）。獲取錄人員的薪酬及增薪日期將按照《公務員事務規例》第130 及第133 條的規定訂定，並會載列於聘書上。
註 1 頂薪點的資料只供參考，日後或會作出更改。
註 2 政府在聘任公務員時，過往香港中學會考中國語文科及英國語文科(課程乙)C級及E級的成績，在行政上會分別被視為等同2007年及其後的香港中學會考中國語文科和英國語文科第3等級和第2等級的成績。
11. 如有查詢，請致電2829 5242與運輸署人事部聯絡。
註 3 如接獲大量申請，或因其他複雜情況而需要較長時間處理申請，則筆試的通知期可能會較長。
Ref : CT 20/182/10 Pt. VII
11 March 2011
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. TD 2011/02
To : Permanent Secretaries c.c. Judiciary Administrator
Heads of Department
(Note : Permanent Secretaries/Heads of Department are requested to ensure that copies of this circular are circulated to all eligible officers and displayed on staff notice boards in all offices of their bureaux/ departments until after the closing date for applications.)
Applications are invited from serving civil servants for appointment as Transport Inspector in the Transport Department (TD).
2. The pay scale of Transport Inspector is from Master Pay Scale Point 9 ($14,975) to Point 19 Note 1 ($25,460) per month. The pay and incremental date for a successful candidate will be determined in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Regulations 130 and 133 and as set out in the letter of appointment.
Candidates should –
have Level 2/Grade E or above in five subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent Note 2(The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.);
have met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKCEE, or equivalent Note 2;
be mature, experienced in handling people, and be able to carry out field work independently and to compile survey reports;
Note 1 The information on the maximum pay point is for reference only and it may be subject to changes.
Note 2 For civil service appointment purpose, ‘Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in previous HKCEE are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
have the ability to board and alight various means of land and sea transport and be able to access to different locations (whether with or without palliative or therapeutic devices and auxiliary aids) for the purpose of conducting surveys and investigations as described in para. 5 below; and
have a valid Hong Kong driving licence for private cars.
Candidates have to meet the entry requirements by close of application period.]
Permanent Residency Requirement
4. Selected appointees must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region unless they were first appointed on civil service terms of appointment before 1 July 1997 and continued in service without a break.
5. A Transport Inspector is mainly deployed on –
assisting in the management of term contractors for conducting surveys on transport services and facilities, and preparing returns and reports as necessary;
assisting in prosecution works related to vehicles governed by passenger service licence;
assisting in prosecution works related to traffic offences handled by TD;
conducting on-site investigations and surveys, which may involve working in remote areas and interviews with passengers; and
inspecting and producing reports on the performance of various transport services, which require on-board travel on various land and sea transport modes and compiling regular and ad-hoc reports and statistics on surveys conducted.
A Transport Inspector will be required to –
work irregular hours, overnight, on public holidays and under adverse weather conditions, e.g. during typhoon;
perform on-call duties at times; and
attend court as witness and give evidence at Inquiries / Transport Tribunals, etc.]
Terms of Appointment
6. Successful candidates will be offered appointment either on trial or on probationary terms as appropriate.
The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.]
7. Candidates are required to attend a written examination. Only candidates who pass the written examination will be invited for selection interviews and considered for appointment. Where a large number of candidates pass the written examination, candidates who attain a higher score will be selected for interviews.
Basic Law Assessment
8. For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, assessment of BL knowledge will be included in the recruitment for all civil service jobs. Candidates who are invited to attend the recruitment interview will be assessed on their BL knowledge through a written test to be conducted immediately before or after the recruitment interview. The BL test result will be one of the considerations to assess the suitability of a candidate.
9. Applications on G.F. 340 (Rev. 1/2011), together with copies of valid Hong Kong driving licences and/or supporting documents for non-local academic qualifications, should be sent to the Personnel Registry, Transport Department, 41/F, Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong not later than 23 March 2011. Please specify on the envelope ‘Application for the post of Transport Inspector’. On-line application can also be made through Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). Candidates who apply on-line should submit copies of the required supporting documents to the above address by post (the on-line application number should be quoted on the envelope and the copies of supporting documents) not later than 30 March 2011. Applications not made in the prescribed form, without the required supporting documents, or which are late, incomplete or not duly signed will not be considered.
10. Candidates who are selected for written examination will normally receive an invitation in about ten to twelve weeks from the closing date for applications. Those who do not receive an invitation may assume that their applications are unsuccessfulNote 3.
11. For enquiries, please telephone the Personnel Section of the Transport Department on 2829 5242.
for Commissioner for Transport
Note 3 The period of notification of written examination may be longer when a large number of applications are received or when there are other complications requiring a longer processing time for the applications.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to further shortlisting.