3. 申請人必須 -
註1 頂薪點的資料只供參考，日後或會有所更改。 - 1 -
協助保養、點算、修補、更換家居用品（包括盛器和餐具），因應不同活動而配置室內陳設；以及 - 2 -
四級家務員須 (i) 在晚上、周六、周日和公眾假期不定時和超時工作； (ii) 在宿舍住宿； (iii) 穿著制服；以及 (iv)奉派香港禮賓府、粉嶺別墅和其他地方工作。]
- 3 -
8. 申請人須以通用表格第340號(1/2011修訂版)提出申請，申請書須於二零一一年三月七日或之前，送達香港中環上亞厘畢道香港禮賓府行政主任(香港禮賓府)。資料不齊、遲交或未妥為簽署的申請書將不獲受理。申請人也可透過公務員事務局的網站(http://www.csb.gov.hk)作網上申請。獲邀參加面試的申請人，一般會在截止申請日期後約四星期內接到通知註2。未獲邀參加面試的申請人可視作已經落選。查詢有關申請事宜，可致電2878 3389與行政主任（香港禮賓府）葉強先生聯絡。
( 張穎思代行 )
Ref : CE/I/P/3/8 (C)
18 February 2011
CHIEF EXECUTIVE’S OFFICE
VACANCY CIRCULAR NO. CEO 2011/01
Domestic Staff IV
To : Permanent Secretaries
Heads of Department
c.c. Judiciary Administrator
Permanent Secretaries/Heads of Department are requested to ensure that copies of this circular are circulated to all eligible officers and displayedon staff notice boards in all offices of their bureaux/departments until after the closing date for applications)
Applications are invited from serving civil servants for appointment as Domestic Staff IV in the Chief Executive’s Office.
The pay scale of Domestic Staff IV is from Master Pay Scale Point 8 ($14,065) to Master Pay Scale Point 10Note 1 ($15,875) per month. The pay and incremental date for a successful candidate will be determined in accordance with the provisions of Civil Service Regulations 130 and 133 and as set out in the letter of appointment.
3. Candidates should -
have at least three years’ experience in a domestic position in a large household or a steward position in a large hospitality / hotel establishment;
Note 1 The information on the maximum pay point is for reference only and it may be subject to change. - 1 -
have preferably knowledge / experience in wine serving and outside catering;
be able to speak fluent Cantonese and simple English; read and write simple Chinese and English; and preferably speak simple Putonghua.
Permanent residency requirement
4. Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless they were first appointed on civil service terms of appointment before 1 July 1997 and continued in service without a break.
A Domestic Staff IV is mainly deployed on –
providing personal and domestic services;
assisting in serving meals and wine;
assisting in undertaking maintenance, stock-taking, repair and replacement of household items (including tableware and cutlery) and soft furnishing; and
receiving guests and answering telephone calls.
A Domestic Staff IV is required to (i) work overtime and irregular hours includingevenings, Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays; (ii) live in quarters;(iii) wear uniform; and (iv) be deployed to work in Government House, Fanling Lodge and any other places as required.]
Terms of appointment
6. Successful candidates will be offered appointment either on trial, on probationary or on agreement terms as appropriate.
- 2 -
- 3 -
The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.]
Basic Law Assessment
7. For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of BL in the community, assessment of BL knowledge will be included in the recruitment for all civil service jobs. Candidates who are invited to attend the recruitment interview will be tested orally on their BL knowledge during recruitment interview. The results of BL assessment will be taken into account only if two candidates are considered equal in all other aspects.
8. Applications should be made on GF340 (Rev. 1/2011). Completed application forms should reach Executive Officer (Government House), Government House, Upper Albert Road, Central, Hong Kong on or before 7 March 2011. Incomplete, late or unsigned applications will not be considered. On-line application can also be made through the Civil Service Bureau's website at http://www.csb.gov.hk. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation within four weeks after the closing date for application.Note 2 Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful. For enquiries, please contact Mr Eric Yip, Executive Officer (Government House) at 2878 3389.
( Miss Janice Cheung )
for Permanent Secretary, Chief Executive’s Office
Note 2 As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a candidate with a disability meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to further shortlisting.